Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Twirl Factor

Not me. My petticoat was bigger. Photo by Flickr user Penelope Felicity.



My family nearly disowned me the Easter of 1990. I decided to wear a 12-layer pink petticoat to church.

My 10-year-old brain thought it looked royal. The mutha of all ballerinas. Plus, the slip had incredible twirl action, rivaling a helicopter blade when I got going.

As the fashion horror story goes, we were late (I was probably busy spinning), and, of course, the only open seats were in the front row. I remember walking through the tight aisle, the itchy tulle of my massive skirt scraping the bodies I pushed past. The shuffle was loud enough that the pastor stopped and waited for us to sit (which took awkwardly long because I couldn’t find the pew).

My mom looked physically ill. And now that I think about it, we never returned to that church.
Some people just don’t have an appreciation for the Twirl Factor.

4 comments:

  1. I like your style. Your petticoats are hot and cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. name is Albert arias by the way ;) I like your taste.

      Delete
  2. I like your style. Your petticoats are hot and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore you like this.I would have you smothered in Petticoats like this every single day & all for me.

    ReplyDelete